Co-Founders: Jay and Linda Grunin
Chairman: Jay Grunin
For over 40 years the Grunin family has called the Central Jersey Shore home. Through their inspired investment portfolio and philanthropic endeavors, the Grunins have cultivated a community driven by economic excellence in the region. The Grunins have sought to improve the quality of life for all residents by thoughtfully investing in the arts, health care, and education.
In 2013, Jay and Linda Grunin, along with their only child Jeremy, formalized their charitable pursuits and created the Grunin Foundation. To date, the foundation has invested nearly $19 million in the Central Jersey Shore, with an additional $16 million committed.
Some of the family’s mainspring investments include the Grunin Center for the Arts at Ocean County College, OCVTS Performing Arts Academy at Ocean County College, Grunin Center for Law & Social Entrepreneurship at NYU School of Law, and most recently the Grunin Arts & Education Building at Count Basie Center for the Arts.
Through their investment company Grunin Holdings, the family has distributed nearly 2 million dollars in corporate sponsorships to local nonprofits and public benefit groups.
President: Jeremy Grunin
Executive Director: Heather Barberi
Heather Barberi is the Executive Director of the Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation. With a background in fundraising, marketing, strategic development, and management, Heather uses her experience to lead innovative projects and partnerships that bring meaningful, transformative change to the community.
For the last 15 years, Heather has served both the for profit and non-profit industries. She has always had a passion for making a difference, and began her career fundraising for a national non-profit organization. Heather then made the transition into the for-profit arena, working in both the technology and financial services industries. As Vice President of Field Marketing at TD Bank, Heather spent nearly seven years managing local marketing initiatives in the NJ, PA, DE, and Washington, D.C. areas. She engaged and negotiated with non-profits and business organizations on sponsorships, events, tradeshows, advertising, and marketing promotions. Most recently, Heather was the Executive Director of the Ocean County College Foundation, where she was tasked to execute the strategic fundraising plan and overall operations of the organization.
Heather is a graduate of York College of Pennsylvania, and currently resides in Ocean County, NJ.
Heather’s community involvement includes:
- Founding member and advisory council member of the 100 Women Campaign of Ocean County College;
- Board Member of Community Medical Center Foundation;
- Board Member of Ocean County College Foundation;
- Board Member of Ocean County YMCA;
- Board Member of Ocean Partnership for Children, Inc.;
- Chair of the Greater Toms River Chamber of Commerce Non-Profit Committee;
- Vice-Chair of the Monmouth-Ocean Development Council Non-Profit Committee; and
- Member of Impact 100.
Director of Communications: Kelly Fliller
Kelly Fliller, an award-winning MBA graduate of Georgian Court University, has over twelve years of experience in marketing and communications, serving both the for profit and non-profit sectors. She led the marketing strategy and initiatives for a professional services firm and managed the redesign of several corporate websites. Kelly helps the Foundation with its marketing strategy including public relations, online and social media marketing.
Board Directorships and committees include:
- Chairman of Ocean County Military Support Committee;
- Board Secretary of Caregiver Volunteers of Central Jersey;
- Member of 100 Women Campaign of Ocean County College;
- Honorary Commander, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst;
- Co-Chair of Women United, United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties;
- Chair of the United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties Gala Committee;
- Secretary of the Professional Women in Building Council of the Garden State; and,
- Member of the Sales and Marketing Committee of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey.
Director of Operations: Jaclyn Rodemann
Jaclyn Rodemann is a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University with over 15 years of experience in the non-profit sector. She has developed recruitment strategies and initiatives for colleges and universities both locally and abroad. Jaclyn has joined the Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation to utilize her previous non-profit experience and passion for helping the community to manage the Foundation’s day-to-day operations. She is a life-long resident of Toms River where she is raising her two children, Morgan and Matthew, along with her husband, Paul.