Co-Founders and Co-Chairmen: Jay and Linda Grunin
Jay and Linda met at the NYU School of Law in 1966, where they were classmates, and immediately knew that they were meant for each other. Jay, who was an Editor of the Law Review at the time, likes to point out that the most significant benefit of that experience, among many others, was that it attracted Linda to him, who, at the time was one of only 10 females in a class of 300, and, as such, had her pick of suitors. Three years later they were married and on their way to practice law in a then little town on the Jersey Shore called Toms River.
Over the next 30 years, as Ocean County became the fastest growing county in the state, Jay and Linda’s law practice thrived. They had become respected attorneys in the County primarily due to their work ethic, moral approach to the law and ability to relate to their clients’ needs.
While the practice continued to grow, Jay and Linda expanded their business interests to include real estate and other investments. Each business decision was a true 50/50 partnership requiring unanimous approval. That has remained a constant from day one.
In the late 1990’s, Jay and Linda retired from the day to day law practice to concentrate full time on their two greatest passions; investing and philanthropy. The former has enabled the latter to become that much more impactful as they, through the Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation, have already affected so many lives on the Jersey Shore and hope to continue to do so for years to come.
Most recently, Jay and Linda established the Grunin Center for Law and Social Entrepreneurship at NYU Law School, the first center of its kind in American legal education.
President: Jeremy Grunin
Executive Director: Heather Barberi
Heather Barberi is the Executive Director of the Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation. With a background in fundraising, marketing, strategic development, and management, Heather uses her experience to lead innovative projects and partnerships that bring meaningful, transformative change to the community.
For the last 15 years, Heather has served both the for profit and non-profit industries. She has always had a passion for making a difference, and began her career fundraising for a national non-profit organization. Heather then made the transition into the for-profit arena, working in both the technology and financial services industries. As Vice President of Field Marketing at TD Bank, Heather spent nearly seven years managing local marketing initiatives in the NJ, PA, DE, and Washington, D.C. areas. She engaged and negotiated with non-profits and business organizations on sponsorships, events, tradeshows, advertising, and marketing promotions. Most recently, Heather was the Executive Director of the Ocean County College Foundation, where she was tasked to execute the strategic fundraising plan and overall operations of the organization.
Heather is a graduate of York College of Pennsylvania, and currently resides in Ocean County, NJ.
Heather’s community involvement includes:
- Founding member and advisory council member of the 100 Women Campaign of Ocean County College;
- Board Member of Ocean Partnership for Children, Inc.;
- Chair of the Greater Toms River Chamber of Commerce Non-Profit Committee;
- Vice-Chair of the Monmouth-Ocean Development Council Non-Profit Committee;
- Member of the Displaced Homemakers of Ocean County Advisory Committee; and
- Member of the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore Corporate Leadership Council.
Director of Communications: Kelly Fliller
Kelly Fliller, an award-winning MBA graduate of Georgian Court University, has over ten years’ experience in marketing and communications, serving both the for profit and non-profit sectors. She led the marketing strategy and initiatives for a professional services firm and managed the redesign of several corporate websites. Kelly helps the Foundation with its marketing strategy including public relations, online and social media marketing.
Board Directorships and committees include:
- Board Member of Caregiver Volunteers of Central Jersey;
- Board Member of the Casey Coyle Memorial Fund;
- Member of 100 Women Campaign of Ocean County College;
- Honorary Commander, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst;
- Board Member Ocean County Military Support Committee;
- Co-Chair of Women United, United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties;
- Chair of the United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties Gala Committee;
- Secretary of the Professional Women in Building Council of the Garden State; and,
- Member of the Sales and Marketing and Young Professionals Committees of the Shore Builders Association of Central New Jersey.
Office Manager: Jaclyn Rodemann
Jaclyn Rodemann is a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University with over 15 years of experience in the non-profit sector. She has developed recruitment strategies and initiatives for colleges and universities both locally and abroad. Jaclyn has joined the Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation to utilize her previous non-profit experience and passion for helping the community to manage the Foundation’s day-to-day operations. She is a life-long resident of Toms River where she is raising her two children, Morgan and Matthew, along with her husband, Paul.