Monday Morning Meet Your Leaders – Chief Mitch Little
Chief Mitch Little
Chief of Police
Toms River Police Department
- What is one of the most important qualities of a great leader?
I truly believe we should all try to adopt the following qualities as much as possible:
1. Put your people first ALWAYS.
2. If it’s important to them, it should be important to you.
3. When they do something right, put them in front of you.
4. When they need your support, stand in front of them.
5. Lead from the front and lead by example.
- How does your organization take our community to the next level?
We try to lead by example and help our residents any way we can. We identify issues before they become huge problems and try to be excellent role models for our youth – someone that they can come to for help and understanding if they need to.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Spend time with my family, work on projects (cars, home etc.) and teach.
- What is your favorite food/recipe and why?
Steak and lobster tails and fries!! It’s just that good!!!