About the Contest
The Barnegat Bay Partnership (BBP), the National Estuary Program for the Barnegat Bay, is offering awards at the 2016 Ocean County Teen Arts Festival for works of art which most creatively convey the importance of sustainability for the bay.
The Barnegat Bay is a special place and a favorite destination for both locals and visitors. Head down to the bay and chances are you will see someone enjoying activities like sailing, kayaking, paddleboarding, fishing, crabbing, and clamming. The Barnegat Bay is an estuary – a mix of salt water from the Atlantic Ocean and fresh water from the rivers and groundwater draining into it. The entire land area draining water into the bay is called its watershed, and almost all of Ocean County lies within it. A healthy bay ecosystem depends on sustainable practices both on land and in the bay. A healthy bay and watershed are not only important ecologically but also economically, contributing over $4 billion each year to New Jersey’s economy.
Help inspire positive action for a sustainable Barnegat Bay by submitting an entry to the Protect Our Bay – Protect Our Future Art Contest. Visit the BBP website at bbp.ocean.edu for ideas for your artwork and for more information about the Barnegat Bay Partnership.
$700 for First Place
$200 for Second Place
$100 for Third Place
- Only one entry per person can be submitted for award consideration.
- The entry must meet all requirements and criteria for submission to the Ocean County Teen Arts Festival.
- The entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws.
- The completed and signed contest entry form must be received by the Barnegat Bay Partnership by 4:00 p.m. on March 18, 2016. See the entry form below for more details.
- It is your responsibility to sign in with the Barnegat Bay Partnership and provide the location and/or performance time of your artwork at the Ocean County Teen Arts Festival.
- The decision of the Barnegat Bay Partnership judges will be final.
- By accepting an award, you will be granting the Barnegat Bay Partnership permission to exhibit the artwork and/or use images, video, and/or audio of the piece on BBP websites, newsletters, publications, and other marketing venues.
- Does the submitted work of art fit the theme of the contest?
- Is there a creative interpretation of the theme?
- Does the artwork positively impact the viewer in relationship to the theme?
- Does the artwork show overall quality and command of the medium being used?
Click here for entry form. Sustainable Barnegat Bay Art Contest entry form
We’re going to accept contest entries in only the following categories: visuals (2D and 3D), photography, and video.
Visual contest entries will be displayed in the Teen Arts Festival area but in a separate allocated space just for the contest entries, and they should be delivered to the college by the same March 1st deadline. We prefer that any student with a visual entry submit the required entry form to us by March 1st but the form will be accepted up to the March 18th deadline date as stated on the form.
Videos should be delivered directly to us along with the entry form no later than the March 18th deadline specified on the form. See the entry form for our mailing address and other contact information. Videos can also be hand-delivered to our office location at 117 Haines Road, Toms River, NJ.
All contest entries must meet the requirements and specifications for submission to the Ocean County Teen Arts Festival.